Monday, February 9, 2009

Episode 13 (2/08/09)


Epidsode 13


It's awesome to be back on the air! After a lengthy process of reapplying for shows for the new semester Left of the Dial was approved to bring you the loudest show in Boone once again. This week were some of my favorites that I've discovered over the last month and it leans heavily toward dirgey hardcore and skate punk, which only makes me wish I hadn't failed so hard at skateboarding in my life.

Don't you hate when you find out that bands you've just heard of were in your vicinity at some point recently. After realizing that the only mutual myspace friend Punch have is Kakistocracy I found out that they played in Asheville last summer. Sucks. This is as close as I'll get for now:


Italy gets down with Bones Brigade:



I've really been into this Timber 7" and it's dirt cheap. $4.

You can email/paypal ambrose.nzams@gmail.com and he'll send you one. You can also download it in advance if you so wish here. I totally stole this from I Could Die Tomorrow, but it's a great blog and a great record, so I don't feel too bad. Go read it.

I'm getting pumped about Scion Rock Fest (sounds lame I know, but look at the lineup) and Krallice is going to be there. Original metal bands are few and far between these days.



Finally, I just read an announcement that Paint It Black scheduled a show in Johnson City, TN for March 9th. Only an hour from Boone! It's during spring break but it'll be worth the trip.

No comments: