Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Episode 21 (now with digital mixtape download!)


Episode 21

The first show of the semester had some glitches, but I got through it eventually. Our modern radio station does not have turntables so for the first time in Left of the Dial history, I brought my own. I have lots of 7" singles I wanted to play and have never bothered to hunt down digital copies. Luckily, I was able to get most of them from various internet sources to include in the streaming playlist and downloadable folder. Since imeem doesn't always cooperate with full-length songs I'm going to start offering each episode as a digital mixtape available for free!
So if you want (almost) every song to put on your iPod or burn to a disc, download the .zip folder here (If you are in one of the bands played on the show and would like me to remove your track please let me know).

The Razzle track ("Chuck") and The Karloffs track ("Don't Want You") can be heard at their respective myspace pages.

Also, since Sirena Discos was nice enough to send me both the Razzle and Black Skies singles, I'll plug them too! Both are still in print, so buy them if you like them.

Since I ended the show with a track from Lowbrow's fairly new 7" Broken Speech (available here), check out this goofy music video they made for one of their other tracks. You gotta love a band with a sense of humor.




I'm pretty sure I mentioned the Small Brown Bike reunion, but if my mind is failing, they're playing The Fest 8! I'm so excited. The National Underground has video and mp3 downloads of their Fest 6 performance, definitely worth watching.

No comments: